The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams
- Convoluted (पेचीदा) : (especially of an argument, story, or sentence) extremely complex and difficult to follow.
Synonyms: complex, tortuous, intricate, labyrinthine, tangled
- Stonewall (रुकावट डालना) : an act of delaying or obstructing a person, request, or process.
Synonyms: obstruct, stall, fence
- Anecdote (उपाख्यान) : a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
Synonyms: story, tale, parable, sketch
- DIVISIVE (VERB): (बांटनेवाला): alienating
Synonyms: estranging, isolating
- RECONCILE (VERB): (मेल-मिलाप करना): pacify
Synonyms: appease, placate
- ACQUITTAL (NOUN): (दोषमुक्ति): Absolution
Synonyms: liberation, discharge
- ACRIMONIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (उग्र): angry and bitter
Synonyms: bitter, caustic
- Pragmatic (यथातथ्य) : dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
Synonyms: practical, realistic, sensible, logical
- TIRADE (NOUN): (निंदा-भाषण): rant
Synonyms: diatribe, invective
- BELLICOSE (ADJECTIVE): (लड़ाकू): belligerent
Synonyms: aggressive, hostile
- Eschew (त्यागना, परहेज़ करना) : deliberately avoid using; abstain from
Synonyms: avoid, evade, renounce, abstain, give up
- Jostle (ढकेलना) : push, elbow, or bump against (someone) roughly, typically in a crowd.
Synonyms: shove, push, thrust, jolt, nudge
- OSTENSIBLY (ADVERB): (जाहिर तौर पर): apparently
Synonyms: seemingly, allegedly
- WEARY (ADJECTIVE): (सुस्त): exhausted
Synonyms: tired, drowsy
- Revamp (पुनर्निर्माण करना) : give new and improved form, structure, or appearance to.
Synonyms: overhaul, repair, refurbish, renovate, restore
- INDIGNATION (NOUN): (रोष): anger
Synonyms: umbrage, distress
- Dwindle (कम होना) : diminish gradually in size, amount, or strength.Synonyms: diminish, decline, decrease
- Peddle (फेरी लगाना) : try to sell (something, especially small goods) by going from place to place.
Synonyms: sell, vend, market, advocate, suggest, urge
- PARTISAN (ADJECTIVE): (पक्षपातपूर्ण): prejudiced
Synonyms: partial, biased
- Expedite (शीघ्रता करना) : make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.
Synonyms: accelerate, hasten, speed up, quicken