Important current affairs are posted daily on our website www.targetadda.com, respecting your precious time, only important points are posted, you will not see unnecessary points and questions-answers here for your revision of GK Some facts are also posted on Daily Basis Read and reach others
- United Nations French Language Day – 20 March
- Theme for International Happiness Day (20 March 2020) – ‘Happiness for all, together’
- G-20 Leader Summit to be held in Saudi Arabia
- Break the Chain campaign launched by Kerala government to fight corono virus
- Iraq’s President Barham Saleh has recently named Adnan Zurafi as the new Prime Minister. He will replace Prime Minister Adil Abdel Mehdi. Abdel Mehdi resigned from the post after huge rallies in December.
- Small Industries Development Bank (SIDBI) will start which train on June 5, 2020 for budding entrepreneurs who travel 7,000 km and travel to 11 entrepreneur cities from Lucknow to Varanasi in a span of 15 days – Swavalamban Express
- Which company and NASSCOM Foundation announced “Innovate for an Accessible India campaign” to empower people with disabilities – Microsoft India
- The Lok Sabha approved a bill that grants which institute in Jamnagar the status of an institute of national importance – Institute of Ayurveda Education and Research (and a group of Ayurveda institutes located in the Gujarat Ayurveda University campus).
- Which cities are in the process of setting up two national data centers – Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh and Guwahati, Assam
- The Lok Sabha recently passed a bill allowing to increase the abortion maximum from 20 weeks to 24 weeks.
- Paytm Bank has announced the issuance of Visa Virtual Debit Card soon. Paytm Payment Bank Limited has set a target of issuing more than 1 crore new digital debit cards in the year 2020-21.
- New Executive Director (ED) of Punjab National Bank (PNB) – Sanjay Kumar
- New Executive Director of Punjab and Sindh Bank (PSB) – Ajit Kumar Das
- New Executive Director of United Bank of India (UBI) – Birupax Mishra
- New Executive Director of Canara Bank – Krishnan S.
- New Executive Director of Bank of Baroda – Ajay K Khurana
- New Executive Director of Indian Bank – K Ramachandran
- Joint Secretary Ajay Kumar has recently been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Uganda. He is currently working in the post of Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- English football club Liverpool have become the most valuable team in Europe with a value of 1.4 billion euros. Whereas last year Manchester City topped this list.
- New Executive Director of Bank of India – PR Rajagopal
- Which state government issued a notification declaring the corona virus as a “notified infectious disease” across the state – Madhya Pradesh
- The administration of which union territory approved the health plan to provide free health scheme for all the residents of the union territory to converge with the Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) – Jammu and Kashmir
- Recently there has been a meeting in New Delhi on research in Indian traditional knowledge systems.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has recently given umpire status to 2 Indian women in its International Panel of ICC Development Umpires. Now these 2 Indian women can now umpire in international cricket matches.
- Scientists from which Indian institute have developed a new hand-sanitizer as a preventive measure against the corono virus – Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (CSIR-IHBT), Palampur, Himachal Pradesh
- Who has recently released the book ‘My Encounter in Parliament’?
- A. Narendra Modi
- B. Hamid ansari
- C. Ramnath Kovind
- D. None of these
- Answer: Hamid Ansari
- Who has entered into an agreement with agricultural producer organizations to give export incentives to farmers?
- A. Asia Bank
- B. World Bank
- C. Reserve Bank of India
- D. Apida
- Answer: The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority – APEDA – Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
- Where will the 7th World Cities Summit be held recently?
- A. Singapore
- B. France
- C. Malaysia
- D. None of these
- Answer: Singapore
- Who has recently started #safehandchallenge
- A. WHO
- B. UNICEF
- C. Health Ministry
- D. None of These
Reservation ended in Uttarakhand
In Uttrakhand, the reservation system in promotions has been abolished. With this, the mandate of September 5, 2012 has become effective, in which orders were issued to do departmental promotion, eliminating reservation from promotion. It is estimated that about 30 thousand employees will benefit from this decision. After the issuance of these orders, the state employees ended the indefinite strike. India’s age-old caste system and untouchability like untouchability are the main reason for the origin of reservation system in the country. In simple terms, reservation means government jobs, educational institutions and legislatures facilitated the access of a particular class. Article 16 of the Constitution of India makes provisions related to equality of opportunity in public posts. However,
Presiding over the UN Security Council – Presidency of UN Security Council
China has assumed the post of President of the United Nations Security Council for March 2020, with the aim of promoting solidarity and cooperation among members of the UN Security Council (UNSC).
- The presidency of the United Nations Security Council varies between its members every month according to the English alphabetical order. Vietnam presided over it in January 2020 and Belgium in February 2020.
- Whereas after China in March 2020, it will be headed by the Dominican Republic in April 2020.
United Nations Security Council – (UN Security Council-UNSC):
- The UNSC is the most important unit of the United Nations, which was formed in the year 1945 during the Second World War.
- The main objective of the United Nations Security Council is to ensure international peace and security. It is the only body of the United Nations that has the authority to issue binding resolutions to member nations.
- The five permanent members of the Security Council – the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China – have the privilege of vetoing any resolution or decision of the Council based on winning only one war 7 decades ago.
- It is worth noting that apart from these permanent member countries, 10 other countries are included in the Security Council as temporary members for two years. Currently, the number of member countries in the United Nations is 193.
- The purpose of electing temporary member states is to strike a regional balance in the Security Council. Membership is done by member countries for temporary membership. Five members are elected from Asian or African countries, two from South American countries, one from Eastern Europe and two from Western Europe or other regions.
Innovate for accessible India
Recently the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) has launched ‘Innovate for Accessible India’ campaign with Microsoft India. In this initiative, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Divyang Public Empowerment Department are also included. The objective of this initiative is to solve the problems of Divyang with the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Microsoft Cloud and other technologies. It will focus on some key areas such as e-governance, livelihood, health and skills. NASSCOM is the global non-profit business organization of the Indian information technology (IT) and business process outsourcing (BPO) industry.
- In which city a bench of NCLAT has been constituted to look into the affairs of southern states?
- A. Delhi
- B. Mumbai
- C. Kolkata
- D. Chennai
- Answer: Comment box was in yesterday’s current affairs
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) – Effective: 13 February 1986; Headquarters: New Delhi
- Small Farmers Agribusiness Association (SFAC) – Established: Year 1994; Headquarters: New Delhi
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) – Established: 01 October 1926; Headquarters: New Delhi
- National Software and Services Companies Association (NASSCOM) – Established: 01 March 1988; Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – Established: 01 April 1935; Headquarters: Mumbai