Important current affairs are posted daily on our website www.targetadda.com, respecting your precious time, only important points are posted, you will not see unnecessary points and questions-answers here for your revision of GK Some facts are also posted on Daily Basis Read and reach others
- World Sparrow Day – March 20
- WhatsApp has launched ‘Coronavirus Information Hub‘ in partnership with WHO, UNICEF and UNDP
- GoI approves setting up of National Technical Textile Mission
The Government of India has approved the proposal of setting up of National Technical Textiles Mission with an outlay of Rs. 1480 crores. The mission would be set up for a period of 4 years from 2020-21 to 2023-24. The mission focuses on the development in usage of technical textiles in various flagship missions as well as programmes of the country. The Mission will also work towards the promotion of innovation amongst young engineering /technology/ science standards and graduates along with creation of innovation and incubation centres and promotion of start-up and Ventures.
- Union Minister of Textiles: Smriti Zubin Irani.
- Which state / union territory has recently started the ‘Chief Minister Advocate Welfare Scheme’ – Delhi
Work will be done for the welfare of lawyers under this scheme. The government has set a total budget of Rs 50 crore for this scheme. Under this scheme, the same lawyers will be able to apply online, who are practicing in Delhi, are registered in Delhi Bar Council and are voters of Delhi. According to official information, under this scheme, lawyers, his wife and children below 25 years will get the benefit of group Medi-Claim of 5 lakh. In addition, the lawyer will also be given life insurance coverage of Rs 10 lakh.
- Jharkhand becomes the third state to launch a “star rating program” for industries
- Greece hands over Olympic flame to Tokyo 2020
The Olympic Flame was handed over to Tokyo 2020 organizers after the Greece leg of torch relay suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Hellenic Olympic Committee President Spyros Capralos handed the torch over to the Tokyo Organising committee represented by Naoko Imoto, who lit the lantern and left with it. The Tokyo Olympic games are slated to be held from July 24 to August 9.
- Japan Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- PM of Japan: Shinzo Abe
- IIT Madras to host India’s first global Hyperloop pod competition
- Which former chairman of SBI has been appointed by US cloud computing company Salesforce as Chairman & CEO of its Indian unit Salesforce India – Arundhati Bhattacharya
Arundhati Bhattacharya is also currently working as an independent director at Wipro. Arundhati Bhattacharya was born in the year 1956 in Calcutta. Arundhati Bhattacharya is the former Chairman of SBI, joined the Indian SBI as a Probationary Officer in the year 1977 and was appointed as the Chairman of SBI in the year 2013.
- DBS Bank & Bharti AXA teams up for plans covering Covid-19
DBS Bank India has teamed-up with Bharti AXA to launch a complimentary insurance plan which will cover all medical conditions, including Covid-19. The insurance plan will also include up to 10 days of hospitalisation along with a cover of Rs 5,000 per day for a 30-day period.
- MD & CEO of Bharti Axa: Sanjeev Srinivasan.
- Which is the Special VVIP Security Department of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) – Special Protection Group (SSG)
- The Finance Commission constituted an 8-member committee to review the state and central governments for fiscal consolidation, who is its chairman – N. K. Singh (Chairman of 15th Finance Commission)
- To set up a relief fund for the areas affected by the outbreak of Corona Virus, the Prime Minister announced the establishment of the ‘COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force’, the head of which has been created – Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- According to the United Nations’ World Happiness Report, the world’s happiest country – Finland (third time)
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Zubin Irani proposed to organize a shopping festival as an experiment in this city – Bengaluru
- The Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare have jointly developed a Comprehensive School Health Program (SHP) under this scheme – Ayushman Bharat
- Which number is the largest producer of electricity in the world and it is ranked 106 in terms of per capita consumption in the year 2017 – third
- The ‘Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act (Amendment) Bill, 2020’ will give five IIITs on the PPP element in Surat, Bhopal, Bhagalpur, Agartala and Raichur to _____ status and declare them institutions of national importance – Statutory Institutions
- Which is the project launched by TRIFED to replace 5 crore tribal entrepreneurs – “Take for Tribal”
- The new additional directors appointed on the board of directors of Yes Bank – RK Gandhi and Anant Narayan Gopalakrishnan
- New Chief Justice of Mumbai High Court – Justice Bhushan Pradyuman Dharmadhikari
- Indian football player who died on 20 March 2020 in Kolkata – PK Banerjee (1962 Asian Games gold medalist)
- The government of this union territory approved the implementation of a scheme for dairy cooperatives in collaboration with the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) – Jammu and Kashmir
- VIT ie Vellore Institute of Technology has become the number one private institute in the country in the IQS Subject Rankings -2020 ranking. Also, this private institute has also made it to the list of top 450 universities in the world.
- New Commission of Jammu and Kashmir Government to examine the social and educational backwardness of people of various backward classes including Dalits in the Union Territory – “Jammu and Kashmir Socially and Educationally Backward Classes Commission”
- Jammu and Kashmir Administration Approves Merger of Handicrafts Department and IT Department – Handloom Development Department
- When is the International Day of Happiness celebrated in the hall itself?
A. 18 March
B. 19 March
C. 20 March
D. None of these
Answer: C – 20 March
- Which one special train has been started by SIDBI for new entrepreneurs?
A. Faith Express
B. Business Express
C. Growth Express
D. Swavalamban Express
Answer: D. Swavalamban Express – Small Industries Development Bank of India SIDBI has recently started a special train of Swavalamban Express for new entrepreneurs. Which will travel to 11 entrepreneurial cities from Lucknow
- HIL India has launched a “Customer Payment Portal” in association with which bank?
A. Bank of Baroda
B. Yes Bank
C. Dena Bank
D. Union Bank of India
Answer: D. Union Bank of India – HIL India in association with Union Bank of India has recently launched “Customer Payment Portal”. This portal will help HIL customers in debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI or online wallet
- Which insurance company has launched the policy in group insurance mode to cover Coronavirus (Kovid-19)?
A. United India
B. ICICI Lombard
C. Indian AXA
D. none of these
- Answer: B. ICICI Lombard – ICICI Lombard has recently launched the policy to cover coronavirus (Kovid-19) in group insurance mode. Under which the company will pay the full amount in case of coronavirus test positive at any government authorized center
World Consumer Rights Day 2020 – World Consumer Right Day 2020
- World Consumer Right Day is celebrated all over the world on 15 March.
- Theme: The theme of Consumer Rights Day this year is ‘The Sustainable Consumer’ to spread awareness about environmental damage and global climate change.
- The objective of World Consumer Rights Day is to raise global awareness about consumer rights and needs.
- The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, organized a webinar (digital presence in place of physical presence due to COVID19 epidemic) on the occasion of this day.
- The webinar was conducted through the MyGov platform. This was the 7th version of a dialogue on this platform.
- This webinar event focused on eight topics covering everything from food to fashion, with water, packaging, mobility, product and information asymmetry focusing primarily on it.
Historical facts: US President John F. to celebrate World Consumer Rights Day. Kennedy has made a significant contribution, sending a special message to the American Congress on March 15, 1962, in which he formally addressed the issue of consumer rights. He was the first leader in the world to do so.
Consumers International: Consumers International is being led globally by Consumers International, a non-profit membership organization for consumer groups around the world. Its head office is located in London.
Real Time Train Information System – Real Time Train Information System
- Under the Indian railway system, real time train information system (Real Time Train Information System-RTIS) is being installed in the locomotive for better tracking the movement of trains.
- Real time train information systems are automatically installed on the control charts of trains in the Control Office application system.
- This system updates every 30 seconds. Through this system, train controllers can now track the location and speed of RTIS enabled locomotives / trains more closely without any manual intervention which will improve train control efficiency.
- Real time data of RTIS has also been linked to the National Train Inquiry System (NTES). Due to which accurate information related to the movement of trains is being given to passengers.
- Additionally it is extremely easy to send emergency messages from locomotive to control center to help in rapid response in case of any disruption or disaster.
- There were plans to install RTIS in 2700 locomotives which have been completed by December 2019.
- Under the RTIS ‘Make in India’, it has been completely designed, developed and manufactured in the country.
- The RTIS project is being implemented by the Center for Railway Information Systems- CRIS in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
Center for Railway Information Systems – (Center for Railway Information Systems- CRIS):
- CRIS was established by the Ministry of Railways in July 1986. It is the information technology arm of the Indian Railways.
- It performs major functions of Indian Railways like passenger ticketing, freight operations, train dispatch and control, crew management and e-procurement etc.
- The National Train Inquiry System (NTES) has been developed by CRIS.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi.
- Ministry of Tribal Welfare is improving Eklavya Model Residential School (EMRS) from this year – 1998-99
- Start of Annual Refresher Program in Teaching (ARPIT) initiative – Year 2018
- Establishment of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) – 10 March 1969
- First Finance Commission of India – Year 1951 (For the period 1952-57, headed by KC Niogi)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) – Established: 15 August 1969; Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Establishment of Indian Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Association Maryadit (TRIFED) – year 1987