Important current affairs are posted daily on our website www.targetadda.com, respecting your precious time, only important points are posted, you will not see unnecessary points and questions-answers here for your revision of GK Some facts are also posted on Daily Basis Read and reach others
- World Water Day – 22 March
- World Water Day, held on 22 March every year since 1993, focuses on the importance of freshwater.
- This year, World Water Day 2020 theme: “Water and Climate Change”.
- World Poetry Day – 21 March
- World Poetry Day is being observed annually to support linguistic diversity through poetic expression and to offer endangered languages the opportunity to be heard within their communities.
- World Down Syndrome Day – 21 March
- In December 2011, the General Assembly declared 21 March as World Down Syndrome Day to raise public awareness of Down syndrome.
- The theme of World Down Syndrome Day 2020 is “We Decide”.
- International Nowruz Day – 21 March
- International Forest Day – 21 March
- Theme – Forest and Bio-diversity
- World Sparrow Day – 20 March
- Theme – I love Sparrow
- Which common bird species has been included as an ‘endangered‘ species in the Red List of IUCN – Gauria ( House Sparrow )
- IUCN – International Union for Conservation of Nature
- India became a State Member of IUCN in 1969.
- founder of IUCN – Julian Huxley
- IUCN established – on 5 October 1948, Fontainebleau, France
- The Union Cabinet has approved a financial incentive of up to _____ percent of capital expenditure for the manufacture of goods constituting the supply chain of electronic product under the scheme ‘Electronic devices and semiconductor manufacturing support’ – 25 percent
- Border Roads Organization (BRO): 360 feet long bridge over river Teesta was opened for traffic in this village – Munshithang
- New chatbot launched on WhatsApp to answer questions related to COVID-19 epidemic – ‘ My gov Corona Helpdesk’
- Total number of AYUSH Health and Welfare Centers to be commissioned within five years – 12,500
- India’s No. 8th World Happiness Report of the United Nations – 144th
UN releases World Happiness Report 2020
The World Happiness Report ranks 156 countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be. The report is a landmark survey of the state of global happiness. This is the 8th edition of the World Happiness Report. The special focus of World Happiness Report 2020 was on “environments for happiness”
Ranking of countries as per World Happiness Report 2020:
8. New Zealand
- India ranked 12th globally in ‘Women On Board 2020’ study
- A study on ‘Women On Board 2020’ has been done jointly by global recruitment tendering platforms MyHiringClub and Sarkari-Naukri.
- Norway topped the list with 40.72% women on board
- Around 54% of employees in Asia and 39% in India are women
- Among 628 listed companies from India, 55% companies were having women directors
- India ranks second in Global Animal Protection Index 2020
- The index ranks countries from A (being the highest score) to G (being the weakest score) according to their policy and legislation. India has attained a C ranking in the index. India was ranked along with Spain, Mexico, France and New Zealand. Sweden, the United Kingdom, and Austria are rated with the highest scores, which is encouraging.
- World Animal Protection founded: 1981.
- World Animal Protection Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- Chairman of Animal Protection: Paul Baldwin
- State Bird of Delhi – Gauria (House Sparrow)
- Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy established – Year 2014
- United Nations (UN) – Established: 24 October 1945 ; Headquarters: New York, USA
- Border Roads Organization (BRO) – Established: 07 May 1960 ; Headquarters: New Delhi ; Founder: Jawaharlal Nehru
- World Economic Forum (WEF) – Establishment: Year 1971 ; Headquarters: Cologne, Switzerland
- International Union for Conservation of Nature -IUCN – Established: 5 October 1948 ; Founder: Julian Huxley ; Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland
- Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) – Established: Year 1964 ; Headquarters: New Delhi
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – Established: 11 December 1946 ; Headquarters: New York, United States