Hello everyone! Date is 24 March and day is Tuesday, you are going to read the important current affairs of the whole day. Daily on our website www.targetadda.com, while respecting your valuable time, only important points are posted. You will not find unnecessary points and questions-answers here. Some facts of GK are also posted on Daily Basis for your Revision. All of you are requested to calm your mind and carefully sit in a noisy place and read it, if possible.
Abell Awards 2020 Announced
This time, two mathematicians will share the prize the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has awarded the Abel Prize 2020 to two mathematicians Hillel Furstenberg of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel and Gregory Margulis of Yale University in the United States. These two will share the Norwegian Krone 7.5 million (about 8.3400 US Dollars) to be given under this award. The Abel Prize was established in 2002 by the Government of Norway on the occasion of the 200th anniversary of Niels Heinrich Abell.
Norway Capital: Oslo. Prime Minister of Norway: Erna Solberg
Currency of Norway: Norwegian Krone
‘Legacy of Learning’ book written by Savita Chhabra released
Award winning businessman Savita Chhabra released her debut novel ‘Legacy of Learning’. Savita Chhabra is the chairperson of the Hygenic Research Institute Private Limited (HRIPL). This novel presents a simple and intuitive interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita in an effort to connect the youth of India with age-old, but relevant scriptures.
Shivraj Singh Chauhan becomes the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh for the fourth time
Shivraj Singh Chauhan was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh for the fourth time. Governor Lalji Tandon administered him the oath of office at Raj Bhavan in Bhopal. Recently, former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath resigned just before the deadline set by the Supreme Court to prove his majority.
Governor of Madhya Pradesh: Lal G. Tandon.
Bandhavgarh National Park is located in Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh. This biodiversity park is known for its large population of Royal Bengal tigers.
Election Commission postponed Rajya Sabha elections due to coronovirus epidemic
The Election Commission has postponed the Rajya Sabha elections in view of the increasing danger of the fast-spreading coronavirus epidemic. Elections for the 18 seats of Rajya Sabha were scheduled to be held on 26 March 2020.
Chief Election Commissioner: Sunil Arora.
Rajya Sabha Chairman: M. Venkaiah Naidu.
CDSCO approves first COVID19 test kit made under Made in India
The “Mylab PathoDetect COVID-19 Qualitative PCR kit”, designed for the COVID19 test under Made in India, has become the country’s first test kit to be approved by CDSCO. So far the Indian government is using the kit being imported from Alton Diagnostics in Germany to test coronavirus patients in India. But the supply of these German kits was being interrupted by grounded airlines.
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day: 24 March
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day is celebrated globally on 24 March every year. The day is celebrated to raise public awareness of the devastating impact TB has on the health, social and economic system, and to encourage efforts to end the global TB epidemic.
The theme of World TB Day 2020: ‘It’s time’. TB is a disease that is commonly caused in humans by bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tuberculosis).
Director General of WHO: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
Macro human rights violations in relation to truth and the dignity of victims International: 24 March
Every year, on 24 March, the International Day of Correct Human Rights Violations and the Dignity of Victims in respect of Truth is celebrated worldwide on the 24th of March ie Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims. The day is celebrated every year on 24 March to pay tribute to “Monsignor Oscar Arnulfo Romero”, who was assassinated on 24 March 1980.
Secretary-General of the United Nations: Antonio Guterres.
Reliance opens India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai
(RIL) has started India’s first dedicated Kovid-19 hospital for treatment of COVID-19 in Mumbai. Reliance Foundation has started this hospital in Mumbai in association with Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
Founder of Reliance Industries Limited: Dhirubhai Hirachand Ambani.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The Mangaluru Council of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has asked the central government to allow them to import this oil – palmolein oil
- SBI will provide so much money for its COVID-19 Emergency Credit Line (CECL) – Rs 200 crore (till 30 June)
- Which European country was elected as the first co-chairman of the Global Alliance for Disaster-Infrastructure (CDRI), established under the leadership of India – Great Britain
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways drafted a notification to issue a license to people suffering in this way – people suffering from color vision
- The ‘Finance Bill, 2020’ proposes to spend so much on the financial proposals of the Central Government for the financial year 2020-21 – Rs 30,42,280 crore
- The National Supercomputing Campaign (NSM) aims to set up a network of supercomputers and three systems with a capacity of over 9 PETA flops in academic and research institutions of national importance across the country by this year – 2022.
- The ‘National Forensic Sciences University Bill, 2020’ will establish these universities as a National Forensic Science University – Gujarat Forensic Science University
- The ‘National University of Forensic Sciences Bill, 2020’ proposes to declare this Delhi-based institution as an institution of national importance – Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences
- Independent Director of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (SFB) who resigned from the Board of Directors – Luis Miranda
- Delhi’s per capita income in 2019-20 – Rs 3,89,143 (almost three times the national average)
- Establishment of Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) – 04 March 1952
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) – Established: Year 1928; Headquarters: Mumbai
- Death of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivram Rajguru – 23 March 1931
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the statutory body constituted under this year’s Aircraft (Amendment) Bill – Year 2020
- Bihar State – State: 22 March 1912; Capital: Patna
- Establishment of Central Information Commission – 12 October 2005
- Formation of Indian Sportsmen’s Federation (AFI) – Year 1946
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – Established: 12 April 1988; Headquarters: Mumbai