One Liners – Current Affairs is the essential part & the most dynamic even scoring also among all sections and needs to be prepared day by day from the right source. TargetADDA.com provides daily current affairs ( One Liners , Weekly, in deatails, quizzes) Read here everyday.
- The annual Thaipusam festival was inaugurated here on 8 February 2020 – Batu Cave Temple, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Gold Medalist of ‘National e-Governance Award 2020’ given for the change in government process for digital transformation – National Health Authority (for Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana)
- “India 2020: Digital Transformation” organized under the theme ‘National e-Governance Conference 2020’ noticed in the city on 8 February – Mumbai
- Gold Medalist of ‘National e-Governance Award 2020’ for excellence in providing citizen centric delivery – ‘Antyodaya Saral Haryana’, Department of Information Technology, Haryana
- Gold Medalist of ‘National e-Governance Award 2020’ for outstanding research on citizen centric services – satellite based agricultural information system of IIT Roorkee
- Gold Medalist of ‘National e-Governance Award 2020’ given for excellence in adoption of emerging technology – Telangana Government’s’ T-Chits Registration and Stamps Department
- The third edition of the India Heritage Walk Festival (IHWF) is being held in the city till 29 February – Delhi
- The Indian Banks Association (IBA) presented the award to this Grameen Bank for ‘Best Digital Financial Initiatives’ – ‘ Chaitanya Godavari Gramin Bank’ (CGGB) at the ‘Conference on Banking Technology’ held in Mumbai.
- DoT approves Bharti Airtel’s merger with this company – Tata group
- This Indian company signed a memorandum of understanding with the American IdeaForge company to manufacture unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for defense use – Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will start the first installment of its long-term repo operation on February 17, 2020 with a three-year repo of the same amount and then on February 24, 2020, will offer the first installment for the same amount – Rs 25,000 crore.
- The ICC Women’s Championship trophy was awarded to this country for gaining a winning edge in the eight-day one-day competition played in this period from the year 2017 to the year 2020 – Australia
- India ended their campaign with five medals in the 64th Bokskai Memorial tournament played here – Debrecen, Hungary (Gaurav Chauhan-91 kg and Jyoti Gulia-51 kg won silver medals)
- The 13th JDCA International Film Festival was held in this city – Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- A three-day ‘Ladakh Shishir Parishad’ will be organized in this city on 21 February – Leh
Daily dose of common sense
- Union Territory of Ladakh – Capitals: Leh , Established: 31 October 2019
- Indian Banks Association (IBA) – Established: 26 September 1946 ; Location: Mumbai
- Establishment of National Health Authority (NHA) – 23 May 2018
- Ayushman Bharat (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana – PMJAY) launched – in the year 2018
- Malaysia – Capital: Kuala Lumpur