The Hindu Editorial Vocab (Curbing Delta) – 23 August, 2021
- Curb (verb) – control, contain, restrict, limit.
- Trajectory (noun) – track/course, route, path, direction, approach.
- Be heralded (verb) – acclaim, praise, applaud, commend.
- Conjecture (noun) – surmise, notion, thought, speculation, supposition.
- Repository (noun) – central (storing) place, storing place, reservoir.
- Lineage (noun) – sequence.
- Mutation (noun) – a significant and basic “alteration/variation” in the dna sequence.
- Spike (noun) – a sharp increase.
- Characteristic (adjective) – distinctive, particular, specific,
- Predominant (adjective) – main, most important, more powerful.
- So far (phrase) – until now, up to the present, up to this point.
- Susceptible (adjective) – vulnerable.
- Unlikely (adjective) – doubtful, implausible, improbable, questionable.
- Obliterate (verb) – destroy, wipe out, abolish, demolish, annihilate (something utterly).
- Shot (noun) – injection, inoculation (of a vaccine/drug).
- Interim (adjective) – provisional, temporary, transitional.
- Efficacy (noun) – in medicine, the ability of an intervention.
- Trial (noun) – test, pilot study, experiment (phase 1, 2,3, and or human/clinical trial).
- Arsenal (noun) – array, range, line-up, collection (of resources).
- Too few (phrase) – not enough.
- Proportion (noun) – portion, percentage, quantity.
- Bet (noun) – option, choice, alternative, course of action, plan.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial