The Hindu Editorial Vocab (Caste counts) 25 August, 2021
- Census (noun) – an official survey, particularly of a population.
- Partisan (adjective) – biased, one-sided, discriminatory, inequitable, unjust, unfair.
- Clamour (noun) – protest, complaint, outcry/commotion.
- Delegation (noun) – a body of representatives.
- As yet (phrase) – so far, thus far, yet, still, until now.
- Open one’s mind (phrase) – decide on, consider, be receptive to, be willing to accept (something-a new topic, idea, opinion, perspective).
- Predictably (adverb) – as expected.
- Mobilisation (noun) – the act of bringing forces/people/resources together for a particular cause.
- In the saddle (phrase) – in a dominant/influential position; in a position of control; in a position of responsibility.
- Time (verb) – plan, schedule, arrange, organize.
- Enumerate (verb) – list, itemize, mention, count (things one by one).
- Colonial (adjective) – regional, state, territorial, local.
- Reinforce (verb) – strengthen, fortify, bolster up, shore up, buttress, prop up, underpin.
- Rather than (phrase) – instead of.
- Benign (adjective) – caring, considerate, thoughtful, generous, accommodating.
- Robust (adjective) – strong, powerful.
- Premise on (verb) – base something on.
- Firm up (phrasal verb) – make something more definite fixed; reinforce, strengthen, solidify, bolster, secure.
- Salience (noun) – prominence, importance, significance.
- Marker (noun) – identification.
- Democratisation (noun) – the introduction of a democratic system.
- Deepen (verb) – grow, increase, intensify; reinforce, enhance, augment.
- Characterise (verb) – identify, depict, describe.
- Disproportionately (adverb) – inordinately, immoderately, excessively.
- Short-change (verb) – cheat/swindle, defraud, deceive.
- Affirmative action (noun) – it means positive steps taken to increase the representation of (women and) minorities in areas of employment, education, and culture from which they have been historically excluded.
- The state (noun) – the government, the administration, the regime, the authorities.
- Reliable (adjective) – acceptable, trustworthy, dependable.
- Lead to (verb) – result in, cause, bring on.
- Cite (verb) – refer to, adduce, make reference to, invoke.
- Sceptic (noun) – cynic, doubter, questioner.
- Rift (noun) – disagreement, dispute, conflict.
- Point to (verb) – indicate, suggest, denote.
- Multitude (noun) – a lot, a great/large number, a great quantity.
- Inequitable (adjective) – biased, unfair, unjust, discriminatory.
- Endanger (verb) – imperil, jeopardize, risk.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab