The Hindu Editorial Vocab (Income and quotas) 26 August, 2021
- Lay bare (phrasal verb) – reveal, uncover, expose, unveil, bring to light, highlight, make public.
- Criterion (noun) – basis, standard, norm, specification (criteria is the plural form of criterion).
- Nuance (noun) – fine distinction, subtle difference/subtlety/nicety, subtle variation.
- Jurisprudence (noun) – legal system.
- Affirmative action (noun) – it means positive steps taken to increase the representation of (women and) minorities in areas of employment, education, and culture from which they have been historically excluded.
- Backwardness (noun) – the condition/state of not developed.
- Primarily (adverb) – basically, especially, particularly.
- Advancement (noun) – progress; development, improvement.
- Well-off (adjective) – wealthy, rich, affluent.
- Crystallise (verb) – become clear, become definite, take shape, solidify.
- Affluent (adjective) – wealthy, well off, rich.
- Unreservedly (adverb) – completely, unconditionally, categorically.
- Formulate (verb) – draw up, work out, plan, prepare, devise, create.
- Assertion (noun) – declaration, announcement, assurance, attestation, affirmation.
- Disfavour (verb) – disapprove, dislike, disdain.
- Dilution (noun) – reduction in value/power/force of something.
- Grave (adjective) – serious; terrible, awful, dreadful.
- Strike down (phrasal verb) – abolish, annul, nullify (a law or regulation).
- Sole (adjective) – only, one and only.
- Contrary to (phrase) – conflicting with, opposed to.
- Speak of (phrasal verb) – mention, talk about, discuss, refer to.
- Holdings (noun) – possessions, belongings, valuables, assets.
- Provision (noun) – clause, (legal) term, stipulation, requirement, condition.
- As well as (phrase) – and also, and in addition.
- Discourse (noun) – discussion, communication, expression.
- Ceiling (noun) – upper limit, maximum, highest permissible level.
- Avail (verb) – use, utilize, take advantage of (an opportunity/resources).
- Strange (adjective) – unusual, weird, abnormal, atypical.
- In terms of (phrase) – with regard to, regarding/concerning, in connection with.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab