The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (Learning safely) 27 August, 2021
- Resumption (noun) – reopening, restarting, recommencement.
- Fraught with (adjective) – full of, filled with, rife with, loaded with; accompanied by.
- Amidst (preposition) – amid, in the middle of; during.
- Wrestle (verb) – grapple, fight, struggle, contend.
- Deficit (noun) – shortfall, deficiency, shortage.
- Prolonged (adjective) – lengthy, extended, protracted, unending, unrelenting.
- Cripple (verb) – impair, hamper, impede, spoil, bring to a standstill, paralyse, weaken.
- Prospects (noun) – chances, opportunities (for success).
- Immunize (verb) – vaccinate, inoculate, inject.
- Feasible (adjective) – practicable, viable, realistic.
- Address (verb) – tackle, deal with, attend to, try to sort out.
- Utmost (adjective) – greatest, maximum, most extreme (seriousness/effort).
- Call for (phrasal verb) – require, publicly ask/necessitate, demand.
- Coherent (adjective) – united, consolidated, joined, combined; logical, reasonable, rational.
- Epidemiology (noun) – the study of the distribution and determinants of health-related states or events (including disease), and the application of this study to the control of diseases and other health problems (courtesy: who).
- Decentralise (verb) – transfer of the power/control (of a department/organisation/government) from a single place to other locations.
- Circumstances (noun) – situation, condition.
- Step forward (noun) – improvement, development, advancement, progress.
- Reversion (noun) – a return (to a previous state/condition).
- Calibrate (verb) – assess, regulate carefully.
- Swiftly (adverb) – rapidly, quickly, fast, speedily.
- Spike (noun) – a sharp rise/increase of something.
- Norm (noun) – standard, convention, rules of conduct, guideline.
- Mandate (noun) – instruction, direction, order, requirement.
- Cautionary (adjective) – menacing, intimidating, bullying, frightening, terrifying, scary, fearsome, alarming.
- Tale (noun) – narrative, report, account.
- Emphasise (verb) – draw attention to, put stress on, underscore, highlight.
- Intervention (noun) – (in medicine) it is a treatment, procedure, or other action taken to prevent or treat disease, or improve health in other ways.
- Ventilation (noun) – the supplying of fresh air to a room.
- Credentialed (adjective) – relating to something/someone given credentials.
- Along with (phrase) – together with, accompanying.
- Empirical (adjective) – factual, actual, practical, pragmatic.
- Collate (adjective) – collect, gather, combine.
- Insight (noun) – understanding, awareness, discernment, comprehension, experience of.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab