The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (Breakthrough challenge) – 03 September, 2021
- Breakthrough (noun as modifier) – very important/significant development or progress.
- Commence (verb) – begin, start, start off.
- Inoculate (verb) – to inject/introduce a vaccine into the body of someone to produce immunity to a particular disease; immunize, vaccinate.
- Discernible (adjective) – visible, noticeable, recognizable, identifiable.
- The bulk of (noun) – most, larger part, larger number.
- Proportion (noun) – percentage, part/amount; ratio.
- Apparent (adjective) – evident/clear, visible, noticeable, recognizable.
- Paradox (noun) – contradiction, mystery, conundrum, anomaly.
- Underlie (verb) – be the cause of, be the basis of, be the fundamental of.
- Hospitalisation (noun) – the act of taking (or) admitting someone to (or) in hospital for treatment.
- Effectiveness (noun) – efficacy, successfulness, potency.
- In spite of (phrase) – despite, notwithstanding, regardless of.
- Unvaccinated (adjective) – not vaccinated to provide immunity against a disease.
- Lineage (noun) – a collection of signature variants that defines a specific line of virus; line, sequence.
- Mutation (noun) – a significant and basic “alteration/variation” in the dna sequence.
- Strain (noun) – a lineage that has acquired new properties compared to the original virus; variety, kind, type.
- So far (phrase) – until now, up to the present, up to this point.
- Efficacy (noun) – in medicine, the ability of an intervention (for example, a drug or surgery) to produce the desired beneficial effect; effectiveness, efficiency, power.
- Symptomatic (adjective) – relating to a condition/person with symptoms.
- Asymptomatic (adjective) – relating to a condition/person with no symptoms.
- Considerable (adjective) – substantial, appreciable, significant; much.
- Confront (verb) – tackle, deal with, address, grapple with, face up to.
- Vulnerable (adjective) – endangered, unsafe, unprotected, unguarded ill-protected; easily affected by, prone to, at risk of.
- Evolution (noun) – progress, advancement, progression, development.
- Mutate (verb) – undergo (genetic change).
- In the pipeline (phrase) – in the process of being planned/developed.
- Tweak (verb) – adjust, modify, alter, tune, change (finely).
- Accommodate (verb) – serve, meet the needs of, cater for.
- Tune (verb) – attune, adapt, adjust.
- Rely on (phrasal verb) – depend on; resort to, have recourse to.
- Pipeline (noun) – a system supplying goods.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary