The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (An uneven uptick) – 04 September, 2021
- Uneven (adjective) – inconsistent, varying, changeable, fluctuating, irregular, patchy.
- Uptick (noun) – a small increase or upward trend.
- Yield (verb) – produce, give, provide (financial return/gain).
- Blip (noun) – a small/very short & temporary deviation (from normality/trend).
- Fell past tense of fall (verb) – decrease, decline, reduce, lessen.
- Aftermath (noun) – consequences, after-effects, repercussions; end result, outcome.
- In the aftermath of (phrase) – in the wake of, as a consequence of, as a result of.
- Mobility (noun) – transportability, portability.
- Curb (noun) – restriction, check, control, limitation, restraint, constraint.
- Ease up (phrasal verb) – become less strict, diminish, lessen, abate, subside, slacken off.
- Phased (adjective) – gradual, step-by-step, staggered; relating to something carried out/performed/pursued in stages; timed at intervals (of something as they don’t happen at the same time).
- Stutter (verb) – stumble, falter, flounder, pause, halt; progress/advance hesitantly/irregularly.
- Going forward (phrase) – in the future.
- Robust (adjective) – strong, powerful.
- Persist (verb) – continue, carry on, keep up, remain, linger, stay.
- Come true (phrase) – be realized, happen, occur.
- Trigger (verb) – cause, give rise to, bring about, prompt (a particular action to happen).
- In tandem (phrase) – alongside each other.
- Ease out (phrasal verb) – remove someone/something gradually.
- Pertain to (verb) – concern, relate to, be connected with.
- Largely (adverb) – to a large/great extent.
- Ease (verb) – lessen, reduce, decrease (restrictions).
- Surge (verb) – rise or increase suddenly.
- Sequential (adjective) – continuous, consecutive, in succession.
- Choppy (adjective) – uneven, turbulent, unstable, tumultuous.
- Compliance (noun) – conformity, observance, observation, accordance, adherence.
- Reiterate (verb) – repeat, say again, restate.
- Accompanying (adjective) – connected, related, linked.
- Regime (noun) – system.
- Distil (verb) – extract, draw out, take out (most important aspects of).
- Deviate from (verb) – diverge, change, differ, depart.
- Spike (noun) – a sharp rise/increase of something.
- Strive (verb) – try, attempt, make every effort.
- Disclosure (noun) – revelation, report, declaration, announcement.
- Selectively (adverb) – discriminatorily.
- Delicately (adverb) – tactfully.
- Poise (verb) – balance, hover, hold steady, get in position, remain at a place/level.
- Stumble (verb) – struggle, flounder, falter, stagger, shamble; fall, slip into.
- Stress (verb) – overstretch, overtax, push to the limit, pressurize, pressure, burden, strain.
- Slip (verb) – decrease, drop, decline, slump, tumble, plunge, plummet.
- Month-on-month (adjective) – used to compare data for one month with that in previous months.
- Talk up (phrasal verb) – to speak about something enthusiastically & positively.
- When the chips are down (phrase) – in a very difficult, tough or dangerous situation.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary