The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (Transition incomplete) – 07 September, 2021
- Transition (noun) – change, transformation.
- Transition government (noun) – interim government, provisional government; an emergency governmental authority set up to manage a political transition generally in the cases of new nations or following the collapse of the previous governing administration.
- Factionalism (noun) – it refers to conflict and infighting between small groups (factions) within a larger one, especially in politics.
- Join hands (phrase) – work together with.
- Disarm (verb) – deprive of arms, take weapons from.
- Mobilise (verb) – (of resources) bring together for a specific cause.
- Heir apparent (noun) – successor, next in line.
- Regime (noun) – government.
- Topple (verb) – overthrow, oust, unseat, overturn.
- Invasion (noun) – occupation, conquering, capture, seizure, annexation, takeover.
- Reportedly (adverb) – supposedly, seemingly, apparently, professedly, ostensibly, purportedly.
- Back (verb) – support, endorse, advocate, promote, uphold.
- Reconciliation (noun) – adjustment, balancing, matching, harmonization; making something (account) compatible/consistent.
- Designate (adjective/suffix) – used to describe someone who has been officially selected to do a particular job, but has not yet started doing it.
- Oil-rich (adjective) – making a lot of money (wealth) through oil.
- Demise (noun) – death, dying, passing away.
- Brotherhood (noun) – society, group, union, community.
- Counterweight (noun) – an equivalent (group/outfit/force); counterbalance, equipoise.
- Militancy (noun) – extremist, radical, sectarian group.
- Slide (noun) – fall, drop, descend, decline.
- Chaos (noun) – disorder, disarray, turmoil, disorganization, disruption.
- Renegade (adjective) – disloyal, rebel, rebellious.
- Prop up (phrasal verb) – support financially, fund, finance.
- Fight off (phrasal verb) – repel, force back, push back, resist.
- Faction (noun) – group, section, division (within a larger group).
- Pressing (adjective) – urgent, critical, crucial, important.
- Rump (noun) – remainder, remnants, remains.
- Strife (noun) – conflict, friction, discord, disagreement.
- Readiness (noun) – preparedness; willingness, inclination to do something.
- Elite (noun) – high society people; the group of most powerful people in a society.
- Set aside (phrasal verb) – discard, abandon, dispense with, cast aside, drop.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary