The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (From fighters to rulers) – 07 September, 2021
- Speculation (noun) – prediction, guesswork, surmise, notion, opinion/thought.
- Fled – Past of Flee (verb) – escape from, run away from, leave hastily, take flight, abscond.
- Hold out (phrasal verb) – resist, withstand, fight off, stand up to, square up to, fight against.
- Faction (noun) – group, section, division (within a larger group).
- Composition (noun) – structure, formation, organization.
- Designated (adjective) – identified, recognized, classified.
- Entity (noun) – organization, body, institution, establishment.
- The jockeying (noun) – competition, vying, contest; struggle, fight, tussle.
- Jockey (verb) – compete, contend, vie; struggle, fight, tussle.
- Reportedly (adverb) – supposedly, seemingly, apparently, professedly, ostensibly, purportedly.
- Portfolio (noun) – the area of responsibility (department) assigned to a minister.
- Escalate (verb) – increase, heighten, intensify.
- Appearance (noun) – arrival, advent, coming.
- Tussle (noun) – argument, disagreement, quarrel, contention.
- Consolidate (verb) – strengthen, reinforce, fortify.
- Takeover (noun) – seizure, occupation, capture; gaining of control, change of ownership.
- Outcome (noun) – consequence.
- Hold the key (phrase) – to have control over something.
- Regime (noun) – government.
- Diplomacy (noun) – international politics, foreign affairs, foreign policy; negotiations, discussions, talks, dialogue (related to international politics).
- Overt (adjective) – clear, apparent, conspicuous, obvious, noticeable.
- Red flag (noun) – warning, caution, alarm bells.
- Contingent on (adjective) – dependent, conditional.
- Amenable (adjective) – manageable, responsive, easily handled.
- In terms of (phrase) – with regard to, regarding/concerning, in connection with.
- To this end (phrase) – in order to achieve this goal/aim.
- Delist (verb) – remove from a list.
- Exemption (noun) – immunity, exclusion, freedom.
- Sanctions (noun) – action taken, or an order given to force a country to obey international laws by limiting or stopping trade with that country, by not allowing economic aid for that country, etc; embargo, ban, prohibition, barrier, restriction.
- Chair (verb) – preside over, lead, control/direct.
- Willingness (noun) – readiness, preparedness, disposition, inclination.
- Comply (verb) – abide by, adhere to, conform to, follow.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary