The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (Nipah amidst a pandemic) – 08 September, 2021
- With regard to (phrase) – regarding, concerning, with respect to, in respect of, with reference to.
- Outbreak (noun) – outburst, flaring up, breakout, sudden appearance/occurrence of something.
- Fatality (noun) – death, casualty, mortality/loss.
- Fan (verb) – intensify, increase, exacerbate.
- Exotic (adjective) – relating to a virus/disease which is imported into a country in which they do not otherwise occur.
- Foreign to (adjective) – not belonging to, irrelevant, not pertinent, inappropriate; unfamiliar, unknown, unheard of, strange, alien, exotic.
- Glance (noun) – brief/quick look or review.
- Flash (verb) – display, show, present briefly suddenly.
- Mention (noun) – reference, remark, indication, recognition.
- Metropolis (noun) – a big city/a large & busy city.
- Precede (verb) – come/go before, go in advance of, lead up to.
- Discourse (noun) – discussion, conversation, communication, expression.
- Commend (verb) – praise, compliment, congratulate, applaud, admire.
- Contagion (noun) – the spreading of a dangerous disease.
- Mystery (noun as modifier) – a thing that’s identity is unknown.
- Diagnosable (adjective) – identifiable, classifiable.
- Competent (adjective) – capable, proficient, qualified.
- Peter out (phrasal verb) – disappear or decrease gradually; fade away, come to an end, taper off.
- Hearten (verb) – comfort, reassure, console, encourage, energize.
- Evoke (verb) – invoke, induce, kindle, stimulate, stir up.
- Anticipatory (adjective) – hopeful, eager.
- Elusive (adjective) – difficult to find, difficult to achieve; intangible.
- Spike (noun) – a sharp rise/increase of something.
- Spell (verb) – lead to, result in, bring about, cause.
- Tweak (verb) – adjust, modify, alter, tune, change (finely).
- Bet (noun) – option, choice, alternative, course of action, plan.
- Coax (verb) – persuade, cajole, prevail on, butter up, sweat talk.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary