The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (The lag between jabs) – 09 September, 2021
- Lag (noun) – a period of time between two events; delay.
- Jab (noun) – Push, vaccination, injection, inoculation, immunization.
- Jab (Verb) – To push.
- Intervention (noun) – the process of intervening in something; involvement, interference.
- Norm (noun) – standard, convention, rules of conduct, guideline.
- Amount to (verb) – represent, be regarded as, be equivalent to, be tantamount to.
- Discrimination (noun) – prejudice, intolerance, inequity, unfairness (against an individual or group of individuals by society and its institutions (basically in the procedures, policies or objectives) as a whole.
- Petitioner (noun) – supplicant, pleader, applicant, claimant.
- Mandatory (adjective) – obligatory, compulsory, binding, required, requisite.
- Point out (phrasal verb) – identify, mention, indicate, draw attention to.
- Avail (verb) – use, utilize, take advantage of (an opportunity/resources).
- Countenance (verb) – permit, agree, admit (as acceptable).
- Favourably (adverb) – approvingly, agreeably, with approval; to the advantage/benefit of.
- Discriminatory (adjective) – biased, unfair/unjust, inequitable, one-sided, partisan.
- Contingency (noun) – a possible event or circumstance, happening, occurrence of a possible incident but not guaranteed/certain to happen/occur.
- As a matter of right (phrase) – be entitled to, by right, correctly, properly, rightfully.
- Base on (phrasal verb) – use as a basis; found, build, construct, form, establish.
- Refrain from (verb) – stop oneself, abstain, desist from, hold back.
- Entitle (verb) – allow, permit, grant.
- Impinge on (verb) – influence, have an effect on.
- Objective (noun) – aim, intention, purpose, target, goal.
- Rather than (phrase) – instead of.
- Dictate (verb) – prescribe, lay down, impose, determine.
- As much as (phrase) – even though.
- Efficacy (noun) – in medicine, the ability of an intervention (for example, a drug or surgery) to produce the desired beneficial effect; effectiveness, efficiency, power.
- Prevalence (noun) – it refers to the number of cases of a disease that are present in a particular population at a given time whereas “incidence” refers to the number of new cases that develop in a given period of time.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary