The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (Back at school) – 09 September, 2021
- Nascent (adjective) – just beginning, emerging, rising, advancing, burgeoning.
- Sustain (verb) – continue, carry on, keep up, maintain, bolster up.
- Consensus (noun) – an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group.
- Outweigh (verb) – be greater than; take priority over, prevail over; offset, cancel out.
- Surge (noun) – sudden increase or rise of something.
- Trigger (verb) – cause, prompt, give rise to, bring about.
- Negligent (adjective) – careless, remiss, neglectful, lax, irresponsible, inattentive, heedless.
- Venture (verb) – dare, be so bold as, be brave enough, have the courage.
- Resumption (noun) – restart, restarting, recommencement, reopening.
- Pose (verb) – constitute, present, create, cause (a problem or danger or risk).
- Crippling (adjective) – weakening, damaging, impairing, destroying, spoiling, paralyzing.
- Alacrity (noun) – readiness, willingness, swiftness, promptness.
- Prolonged (adjective) – lengthy, extended, protracted, unending, unrelenting.
- Mere (adjective) – just, only, minimal.
- Findings (noun) – conclusion, result; decision, recommendation.
- Implications (noun) – consequence/outcome, ramification, repercussion.
- Advocacy (noun) – support, endorsement, backing, approval.
- Staggered (adjective) – phased; relating to something carried out/performed/pursued in stages; timed at intervals (of something as they don’t happen at the same time).
- Evolve (verb) – develop, progress, advance, expand, enlarge gradually.
- Cluster (noun) – a group (of people/things considered as a unit). (an aggregation of cases of a disease. A coronavirus cluster occurs when there is a concentration of infections in the same area at the same time).
- Lead to (verb) – result in, cause, bring on.
- Cohort (noun) – group of people (within a particular category/classification).
- Pupil (noun) – student, schoolchild, learner.
- Caveat (verb) – be given warning, caution, red flag.
- Take note of (phrase) – pay attention, heed, take notice, observe, notice.
- Ventilation (noun) – the supplying of fresh air to a room.
- Hesitancy (noun) – reluctance, unwillingness, disinclination.
- Vaccine hesitancy (noun) – a reluctance or refusal to be vaccinated or to have one’s children vaccinated; reluctance or refusal to vaccinate despite the availability of vaccines.
- Populist (adjective) – relating to the political approach which claims that it is representing the common/ordinary people.
- Indulgence (noun) – extravagance, luxury, comfort, non-essential (thing), extra (thing).
- Spike (noun) – a sharp rise/increase of something.
- Jeopardise (verb) – imperil, threaten, put at risk, put in danger, endanger.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary