The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (Positive climate) – 15 September, 2021
- Mitigation (noun) – alleviation, reduction; lessening.
- Adaptation (noun) – adjustment, conversion, alteration, modification.
- Sharpened (adjective) – improved, fine-tuned, enhanced.
- Mitigate (verb) – alleviate, reduce, diminish, lessen.
- Irrefutable (adjective) – indisputable, undeniable, unquestionable, incontrovertible; conclusive, definite, definitive, decisive, accomplished, certain.
- Legacy emissions (noun) – the sum of the lifetime co2 emissions of the ancestors (of the community as a whole).
- Cumulative emissions (noun) – the total quantity of co2 emissions emitted from 1751 until a given year, measured in metric tons.
- Historical emissions (noun) – the total quantity of co2 emissions emitted from past centuries, measured in metric tons.
- Room for manoeuvre (phrase) – opportunity to change your plans or to do things differently in order to achieve what you want.
- Calamitous (adjective) – destructive, ruinous, disastrous, catastrophic.
- Escalating (adjective) – rising, increasing, intensifying.
- Net zero emissions (noun) – it means annual zero net co2 emissions; carbon neutrality means every ton of anthropogenic (human-caused or influenced) co2 emitted is compensated with an equivalent amount of co2 removed (e.g. Via carbon sink or carbon sequestration).
- On the lines of (phrase) – in a similar way to.
- Disquieting (adjective) – distressing, upsetting, disturbing, disquieting, disgusting.
- Prospect (noun) – vision, thought, idea, contemplation.
- Impose (verb) – force, thrust, inflict, press, urge.
- Conundrum (noun) – problem, difficulty, quandary/dilemma.
- Address (verb) – tackle, deal with, attend to, try to sort out.
- Envoy (noun) – diplomat, consul, ambassador.
- Core (noun) – central, key, basic, fundamental (part of something).
- Bring down (phrasal verb) – decrease, reduce, lower, diminish.
- Facilitate (verb) – make easy, enable, assist, help.
- Bilateral (adjective) – involving two groups or countries.
- Road map (noun) – schedule of a (complex) program.
- Fossil fuel (noun) – non renewable resources (or fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas are formed from the buried/deposited organic materials).
- Mark (verb) – indicate, signify, represent, denote.
- Destructive (adjective) – devastating, ruinous, disastrous, catastrophic.
- Storm (noun) – low-pressure weather system; cyclone.
- Renewables (noun) – a natural resource (such as water, wind, or solar power).
- Lie in (phrasal verb) – be present, exist.
- Come up with (phrasal verb) – produce, put forward, present/submit.
- Framework (noun) – system, scheme, structure.
- Cyclone (noun) – hurricane, typhoon, tropical storm; depression.
- Populous (adjective) – densely populated.
- Administration (noun) – management, regulation, governing, operation.
- Resilience (noun) – the ability to bounce back quickly from difficulties; strength of character, strength, toughness.
- Lead to (verb) – result in, cause, bring on.
- Audit (noun) – assessment, evaluation, appraisal, inspection, examination, survey, scrutiny.
- Much-needed (adjective) – needed to a large extent.
- Retrofit (verb) – to add something to the one already done/constructed/manufactured.
- Imperative (noun) – necessary condition, precondition, essential requirement.
- Elderly (adverb) – older people, senior citizens.
- Steer (verb) – guide, conduct, direct/lead.
- Benign (adjective) – favourable, advantageous, beneficial.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary