The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (Near and present) 28 August, 2021
- Luxury (noun) – blessing, benefit, advantage; comfort, ease.
- Ticking bomb (noun) – time bomb; a problematic situation which is developing and it will finally become dangerous if not tackled.
- Shatter (verb) – damage, destroy, wreck, ruin, devastate, demolish.
- Residual (adjective) – remaining, leftover, lingering, surviving.
- Optimism (noun) – hopefulness, hope, confidence, positive attitude, buoyancy.
- The west (noun) – the western world/civilization consisting of the majority of Europe & the north America.
- Pull out (phrasal verb) – withdraw, retreat, draw back, disengage, fall back.
- Result in (phrasal verb) – cause, bring on, bring about.
- Regime (noun) – government.
- Benefactor (noun) – patron, sponsor/advocate, supporter/promoter.
- Unwilling (noun) – reluctant, unenthusiastic, hesitant, disinclined.
- Stem (phrasal verb) – stop, halt, check, hold back, restrain, restrict, control.
- Emanate (verb) – emerge, ensue, come out, arise, originate.
- Suspicion (noun) – misgiving, doubt/qualm, distrust, scepticism.
- Collusion (noun) – conspiracy, understanding, complicity, intrigue.
- Periphery (noun) – border, outer limits, perimeter, boundary.
- Designated (adjective) – identified, recognized, classified.
- Entity (noun) – organization, body, establishment.
- Carry out (phrasal verb) – conduct, perform, execute, bring about.
- Set the seal on (phrase) – endorse, confirm, guarantee, ratify.
- Alarming (adjective) – worrying, disturbing, shocking/distressing.
- Scenario (noun) – course of events; situation, context.
- Acknowledge (verb) – accept, recognize, realize.
- Hostile (adjective) – opposed, inimical, antagonistic; confrontational, belligerent, combative.
- Continental (adjective) – belonging to a continent.
- Flank (noun) – border, boundary, limits, bounds.
- Consonance (noun) – agreement, concord, accordance.
- Diplomacy (noun) – negotiations, discussions, talks, dialogue (related to international politics).
- Salient (adjective) – important, main, notable, noticeable, obvious, recognizable.
- In the face of (phrase) – despite, notwithstanding, regardless of; when confronted with.
- Red line (noun) – boundary, limit (not to be violated).
- Distance oneself from (phrasal verb) – denounce, disown, reject, condemn, disagree with.
- Consulate (noun) – a consulate is a smaller version of an embassy and is generally located in the larger tourist cities of a country, but not the capital.
- Embassy (noun) – an embassy is larger and more important than a consulate and is described as a permanent diplomatic mission, which is generally located in a country’s capital city.
- Sanctions (noun) – action taken, or an order given to force a country to obey international laws by limiting or stopping trade with that country, by not allowing economic aid for that country, etc; embargo, ban, prohibition, barrier, restriction.
- Stand firm (phrase) – be firm, be resolute, be determined, show determination, hold/stand one’s ground.
- Ease (verb) – lessen, reduce, decrease.
- Weaponry (noun) – instruments of war, guns, weapons.
- Accreditation (noun) – the independent, third-party evaluation (of a conformity assessment body).
- Articulate (verb) – announce, express, pronounce, point out.
- Pursue (verb) – engage in, conduct, take part in, take up (an activity).
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary