The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary (The virtue of consistency) 31 August, 2021
- Coincide with (verb) – coexist, concur, happen together, be concurrent.
- Come into effect (phrase) – become applicable; come into force.
- Procure (verb) – buy, purchase.
- Intent (noun) – aim, purpose, intention, objective.
- Momentous (adjective) – significant, important, crucial, critical.
- Feat (noun) – achievement, accomplishment, attainment.
- Steep (adjective) – sudden, sharp, rapid.
- Give rise to (phrase) – cause, bring in, result in, produce, bring about.
- Scepticism (noun) – doubt, suspicion/mistrust, wariness, lack of conviction.
- Uptake (noun) – the action of taking up something (available/given).
- Drastically (adverb) – substantially, seriously, desperately.
- Hospitalisation (noun) – the act of taking (or) admitting someone to (or) in hospital for treatment.
- Equitable (adjective) – impartial, even-handed, unbiased, fair, reasonable.
- Belatedly (adverb) – later than expected; behind time; slowly, tardily.
- Set aside (phrasal verb) – put aside, put away, keep, reserve.
- Rationale (noun) – reason, logic, grounds, basis, motive.
- Inequity (noun) – unfairness, partiality, favouritism, bias, discrimination.
Source : The Hindu Newspaper
Read Here : Editorial Link
The Hindu Vocab, Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Vocab pdf, The Hindu Vocab monthly pdf, today’s vocab pdf, 20 august vocab, how to learn, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab, The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab The Hindu Editorial Vocab the hindu editorial daily vocabulary, the hindu editorial today with vocab daily the hindu vocab
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary